Instructions for installation and running on Solaris are organized into the following sections:
- Installing of the product.
- Starting the Intellicus Report Server.
- Starting the Intellicus Webserver.
- Starting the Intellicus suite in browser.
- Logging into the Intellicus.
- Stopping the Intellicus Report Server.
- Stopping the Intellicus Webserver.
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM or more.
- Storage Space: 2 GB or more.
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 8.0 or a higher version.
- Gunzip: To extract Intellicus files.
Important: The person working on installation of Intellicus must have required administrative privileges on the machine.
Installing the product
Decompress the Intellicus<version>_sun<architecture>.tar.gz:
This will create Intellicus<version>_sun<architecture>.tar. Untar the file Intellicus<version>_sun<architecture>.tar.
tar -xvf Intellicus<version>_sun<architecture>.tar
To Start Report Server
Report Server is located in the /Intellicus/reportengine/bin folder. To start the engine (report server), run the file run.sh.
To Start the Intellicus Webserver
Webserver is located in the /Intellicus/jakarta/bin folder. To start the web server, run the file startup.sh.
To start the Intellicus Web Reporting suite
- Open the browser.
- In the address bar, specify the following URL:
http://<IP of the Webserver>/intellicus
For example, http://220.127.116.116/intellicus
If user has changed the webserver port, specify the following URL:
http://<IP of the Webserver:port number>/intellicus
For example, if the changed port number is 7000, the URL would be:
Logging into Intellicus web Reporting suite
Intellicus needs the following information to log into Intellicus:
- User Name: Admin
- Password: Admin
- Organization Name: Intellica
After providing above details in corresponding entry boxes, click Login button.
To Stop the Report Server
Run the file shutdown.sh. This file is available in Intellicus/reportengine/bin folder.
To Stop the Webserver
Run the file shutdown.sh. This file is available in Intellicus/jakarta/bin folder.
Making Intellicus Start automatically
Here are the steps that need to be followed to setup the daemon script on a Solaris box:
- Open Intellicus.sh from Intellicus/APIs folder and specify the home path for Intellicus (the folder where Intellicus was untared). Line in the Intellicus.sh to be changed is,
Intellicus_home= <path where Intellicus was untared>
- Place Intellicus.sh script file in specific folders. The command is
For Red Hat / Fedora,
cp Intellicus.sh /etc/rc.d/init.d/
For S.U.S.E and Debain,
cp Intellicus.sh /etc/init.d/
- To add this daemon process in system start processes, execute the command.
chkconfig –add Intellicus.sh
Now on, this daemon process will start upon system boot.
- Execute the following command to list all services and check if the daemon was added:
chkconfig –list Intellicus.sh
- Reboot the system.
- To check if the daemon was started, execute command.
Figure 1: Intellicus Auto Start Status