Intellicus 7.x release introduced major functional changes in the product. However, Intellicus ensures that all reports and query objects you have designed in your earlier versions are fully supported in Intellicus 7.x
We recommend reading this document and perform one round of upgrade rehearsal in a test environment before doing it in the production environment.
You must have administrator privileges on the machine on which Intellicus is being upgraded. You may need to refer the respective installation guides at various stages of the upgrade process.
The upgrade process consists of the following steps:
- Backup previous version of Intellicus
- Un-install previous version of Intellicus
- Install new version of Intellicus
- Restore previous version files like templates, configuration etc. (if applicable)
- Start new version of Intellicus
The uninstall process retains few files and folders in Intellicus and does not delete them unless manually deleted.
Ensure that the newly installed Intellicus points to the same old repository database as its repository. During its first boot up, the new version of Intellicus report server automatically upgrades the repository schema and upgrades all the objects to make them compatible with new Intellicus. This is a non-reversible action. In case you decide to go back to previous version you must use the backed-up repository database.
As an alternate process, you can use Intellicus CAB file deployment mechanism. The steps are as follows:
- Install new version of Intellicus on a new machine
- Create cab file of all the objects from old Intellicus using iPackager
- Deploy the objects on new Intellicus using CAB deployer
This process may not bring some objects to new system. They are: i) Saved reports, ii) Logs, iii) Audit data