You can design a new report template and save it as .irt file or you can open an existing report template, modify, rename, and save it.
To create a new template
Figure 2: Create New Template
- On Intellicus Studio click the File > New button from the toolbar.
- Click SQL Report or press Ctrl+N.
Figure 3: SQL Report Wizard
- Click Blank Report. If you have just launched Intellicus Studio and if the Welcome dialog box appears, de-select the Use Wizard check box and click OK.
- Design the template.
- Click Save As to save the template in the location
- Save the file as type .irt.
- Click Save.
The process of creating a template is the same as that of creating a report layout, which involves:
- Adding sections
- Placing dynamic controls and static controls on different sections of the template
- Setting properties of controls, including other activities.
For more information, refer to Desktop Studio – Sections and Control Properties document.
The Report Templates created are stored at
Figure 4: Opening a template file
- From the File menu, click Open.
- In the File Name text box, specify “*.irt” to get a list of template files available in the active folder.
- Browse the folder where template files are stored. Default folder is
- From the list, select the file on which you want to work and click Open. The selected file opens in Intellicus Studio.