If a default dashboard is specified in user dashboard preferences, then this dashboard opens in view mode (To know more about Preferences, refer to ‘Managing dashboard’s default view” section). As an End User, you are able to see a default dashboard on logging into application as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Viewing Dashboard
While viewing the dashboard, you can choose how the widgets should appear on the dashboard.
Under Dashboard Menu (View Mode) in upper right corner, you have the following options.
- You can click Unpin/ Pin Title to unpin/ pin the dashboard title.
- Clicking Revert restores the dashboard to its last saved state (also available on right-clicking the dashboard tab at the bottom of the screen).You will get a checkbox on the confirmation message to confirm reverting the changes.
- The Help option would enable you to view the online help regarding dashboard properties
When you click the menu icon on the widget, you can perform the following:
- Click Maximize (or double-click the widget header) to maximize the widget. When you maximize a widget, it gets spread across the entire viewer area. Alternately, you can click Restore to reset the widget to its original state.
- You can click Unpin/ Pin Header to unpin/ pin the widget title.
- Click Reset to reset the widget to its last saved state.
In case you have a parameterized report on dashboard, you can change selection of values on the applied parameters while in the View mode. Refer the “Filtering data on a dashboard” section on page 21 to know about the various filtering options.
Click Info icon on main menu at the top of the screen to view the Dashboard information. This can be set under Settings in the Edit Mode as mentioned on page 22.
At any time, click to switch to the Edit Mode to design the dashboard. We will discuss designing dashboards in detail in the next chapter.
In addition to viewing information, you can click at the bottom left of the screen to open a new dashboard to design from View Mode.