Intellicus supports report execution and delivery through pre-set jobs. A job is attached to a task (information about which report should be executed and how it should be delivered) and a schedule (it defines when the job should be executed).
Job is created by clicking Add Job on the Job List page. Created jobs are also listed on the Job List page.
Click Navigation > Schedule > Jobs to open Jobs page.
Figure 1: Jobs page
From this page you can open page to create, modify or delete a job and navigate to Schedules and Tasks.
The page is designed to list up to 4000 jobs. By default, it displays first 500 jobs. You can filter the jobs to remove unwanted jobs from the list.
The Filters area
When Jobs page opens, Filter tab remains collapsed. Click the filter icon or any of the filters from the filter pane to display the filter area. The filter pane also displays current filter settings.
Figure 2: Filter area of Jobs page
You can filter jobs by Report Name, Owner. It is possible to specify multiple criteria to filter the list.
In Job Name Contains, specify a few characters that the jobs you are searching contain. For example, if you specify “2019”, all the jobs whose name contains “2019” will be listed.
In Report Name, specify the report to list the jobs that will execute the specified report. Reports are deployed in a folder. Click to open object selector and select the report.
In Select Owner, specify Organization and User’s name who owns the job.
By default, a super administrator can list all self-owned jobs and public jobs created by others.
In Private Owned By, select None to not view any private jobs, select Selected User to view selected user’s private jobs, select Selected Org to view private jobs of users belonging to the selected organization (in Select Owner) and All to view private jobs owned by all the users.
In Public Owned By, select None to not view any public jobs, select Selected User to view selected user’s public jobs, select Selected Org to view public jobs of users belonging to the selected organization (in Select Owner) and All to view public jobs owned by all the users.
Note: Jobs are listed in the ascending order of the time of next execution.
Filtering the list
Select / specify filter criteria and click Apply button. List of jobs having entries that meet the filter criteria will appear.
The Result area
Jobs meeting the filter criteria are listed in Result area. Use buttons on the pagination toolbar to navigate to list jobs that are on other pages.
For each job, the following details can be listed:
- Job Name: The name given to a job.
- Status: Running – if the time span of the job is not over. Completed – if the time span of the job is completed. Error – if the job started but could not be completed successfully. Suspended – if the job is marked as suspended.
- Last Run Time: The time when the report was run last time.
- Last Run Result: The outcome of last run of the job. Success – if report was generated successfully. Error – if report could not be generated.
- Schedule Name: The name of the schedule with which the job is associated.
- Frequency: Frequency of occurrence of the schedule.
- Task Name: The name of the task that is going to be implemented by this job.
- Report Name: The name of the report that this job is going to generate.
- Owner: The user Id who created the job.
- Next Run Time: The time when the job will be run next.
Add or remove columns in the list
By adding or removing columns you may list only the columns that you need.
Right-click on title-bar to open a context-menu. Context-menu has check-boxes of columns that can be displayed. Check name of the column to display and clear the column that you don’t want to display. The columns will be instantly added / removed from the view.
To close the context-menu, click anywhere on the title-bar.
Sorting the list
It is quicker to find the desired item if the reference is sorted. To sort the list by a column, click its column-title. The list will be sorted in ascending order of the column. Look for an arrow icon on the right edge of the column. It indicates current sort order. Click the column once more to sort the list in opposite order. Clicking another column’s title will sort the list in ascending order of that column.
Operations on selected Job
Click anywhere on the job row to open and modify the job details. When you click the horizontal ellipsis button in the job row, menu opens.
Figure 3: Menu options
On menu, click Add Like option to create a job having all or most of the details same as the selected job. When you click this option, Job Details page opens having the details filled in like that of the selected job. To add a new job, change Name and other information that needs change. This way, you not only reduce chances of entry errors, but also save time in adding the job.
To modify the selected Job, you may also click Modify option from the menu. Details of the selected page will be opened on Job Details where you can make changes and save the modified job.
To delete the job, click Delete option from the menu.
Note: If you delete a job that is currently being executed, it will continue to execute.
Click Jobs Execution Status option to view chart depicting Status Analysis of Jobs.
Click Add Job button from the job list page to add a new job.
Figure 4: Add Job page
You need to specify the following information to add a new job:
- Name: A name to uniquely identify this Job.
- Skip delivery on no data: If selected, report will be delivered to selected delivery options only if the report has any data. Otherwise job will be skipped.
- Delete on completion: If selected, job will be deleted after execution for Run Now and Once. For Recurring, it will be deleted if further execution is not scheduled after last execution.
- Suspend: If selected, that job will not be implemented that time onward.
- Choose Task: Select a task from pre-set tasks. Click the Modify Task button to modify the selected task.
- New Task: Click this button if you want to create a new task.
- Report Name: A task is associated with a report. The report name associated with the selected task appears here automatically.
Note: If you have opened this page for adding a job you will notice that Run As, Format and Delivery remain blank. This information will be displayed when this page is opened for modifying a task.
- Now: To execute the job now.
- Once: To execute the job once. (at given date and time). Select a Date. (For explanation of date format, click here). Specify time in terms of 24 hours format. In Time Zone, select the time zone as per which time is specified. For example, 09:09:09 in GMT. Report server will execute the job at 09:09:09 GMT. If Time zone is not selected, job will be executed as per report server’s time zone.
- Recurring: To execute the task as per one of the pre-set schedules. Select the schedule from Schedule List. Click New Schedule button to create a new schedule. If you have opened an existing job, instead of New Schedule button, you will see a Modify Schedule Use the Modify Schedule button to make changes to the assigned schedule.
To run the job in the name of a specific user, select organization ID and User ID. Please note that Run As set in job overrides Run As set in task.
If you want to send a notification to an e-mail recipient:
- On Success: To send a notification on success of the job. Select the check box On Success, Notify Email Id to and specify the e-mail ID.
- On Failure: To send a notification on failure of the job. Select check box On Error, Notify Email Id to and specify the e-mail Id.
Once report generation starts and due to any reason, it does not get completed, it is an error. In this case, to retry the report generation, select checkbox Retry and specify the time when Report Server should retry the task. Values can be given in terms of
- Minutes: The number of minutes after which it should be retried.
- Hours: The number of hours after which it should be retried.
- Days: The number of days after which it should be retried.
- Retry times: The number of times it should be retried.
If more than one value is specified, they would be added. For example, after 2 days, 4 hours and 10 minutes.
If the report generation could not start as per calendar, it is considered skipped. In this case to recover (try once again) the calendar, select the check box Recover and specify the time when it should retry the task. Values can be given in terms of:
- Minutes: The number of minutes after which it should be recovered.
- Hours: The number of hours after which it should be recovered.
- Days: The number of days after which it should be retried.