Each report may have specific print related settings, such as number of copies, printer type and print on a specific printer only etc. To achieve this, you can setup a print setting and associate it with reports. This way, you can reduce repetitive work of providing print options each time you are printing a report.
To create multiple print settings, go to Print Settings page. Click Navigation > Administration > Configure > Print Settings.
Print Setting Properties
You need to configure the Print settings as shown below.
Figure 1: Configuring Print settings
- Print Setting Name: A unique name to identify this setting.
- Printer: Select the printer on which report having this setting should be printed.
- When Printer not found: From the dropdown box, select the action to be taken when selected printer is not found.
- Printer Type: Select the most suitable type for the selected printer. DMP stands for dot matrix printer.
- Copies: Specify the number of copies (1 to 99) to be printed.
- Paper tray: The paper tray of the printer to be used.
- Is Forceful: Select this check box if report should use only this setting. If this check-box is not selected, while report printing, this setting will appear as “default” setting and you will be able select any of the other settings too. This can be quite useful to restrict printing of reports having sensitive / classified information.
Adding a Print Setup
- Click Add
- In Print Setting Name, specify a unique name to identify this setting.
- Specify details in respective entry boxes.
- Click Save
The print setup is added in the list appearing on the left side of the page.
Changing a Print Setup
- From the Print Setting Name list, click the name of the setting that is being changed.
- Click Modify. The details appear in respective entry boxes.
- Make changes wherever required.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Deleting a Print Setup
- From the Print Setting Name list, click the name of the setting that is being deleted. The details appear in respective entry boxes.
- Click Delete To proceed with deletion, click OK on the confirm dialog box.