Instructions for installation and running Intellicus on AIX are organized into the following sections:
- Installing of the JDK.
- Installation of the product.
- Starting the Intellicus ReportServer.
- Starting the Intellicus WebServer.
- Starting the Intellicus suite in browser.
- Logging into the Intellicus.
- Stopping the Intellicus ReportServer.
- Stopping the Intellicus Webserver.
- Memory: 256 MB of RAM or more.
- Storage Space: 1 GB or more.
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or a higher version.
- gunzip (To extract Intellicus files).
- JDK 5
Important: The person working on installation of Intellicus must have required administrative privileges on the machine.
The machine where Intellicus will be installed needs to have JDK. Intellicus does not ship JDK along with its installation. You need to download JDK 5 from IBM’s site:
Important: Depending on the machine user is using, (32 bit or 64 bit) user needs to make sure that the right version of JDK is installed.
To install or upgrade the JDK or SDK, go to the directory where you have unpackaged the files (for example /tmp/java_inst), then run the following commands:
- Smitty installp
Execute the following steps after the SMIT menu interface is displayed:
- Select Install Software.
- Enter/for INPUT device /directory for software, then press Enter to continue.
- With the cursor on SOFTWARE to install, press F4 to view and select the software to install.
- With the cursor on ACCEPT new license agreement, press Tab to accept the license agreement.
- Then press Enter twice to begin the installation.
To install Intellicus Web Reporting suite
Decompress the intellicusAIX.tar.gz:
This will create intellicusAIX.tar.
Untar the file intellicusAIX.tar:
tar -xvf intellicusAIX.tar
Confirm the JRE path
Confirm that the directory path where JDK is installed is /usr/java14. If the path is different from the one specified, you might need to make changes in the run.sh, shutdown.sh, and startup.sh files.
To update run.sh and shutdown.sh files of report server:
- Go to /Intellicus/reportengine/bin.
- Open run.sh and sh file in vi editor mode.
- Modify the LIBPATH by modifying the parameter
- Save run.sh and the sh file.
To update startup.sh and shutdown.sh files of Jakarta web server:
- Go to /Intellicus/jakarta/bin.
- Open startup.sh and sh file in vi editor mode.
- Modify the jre home by modifying the parameter
- Save startup.sh and the sh file.
You can have multilingual (Unicode) support in Intellicus to provide following benefits to the users.
- To display multilingual data from database in reports.
- To display multilingual data in Parameter combo.
- To be able to specify multilingual data in filter, parameter as well as SQL Editor.
To start Report Server
Report Server is located at /Intellicus/reportengine/bin folder. To start the engine (report server), run the file run.sh.
To Start the ReportServer with multilingual support
This file passes -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 as the command line java option.
As an alternative, you can also rename the files:
- Rename the file run.sh (for example, as E_run.sh).
- Rename the file UTF8_run.sh as run.sh.
Now onwards you can run run.sh to start the Report Server with multilingual support.
To start the Intellicus Webserver
Webserver is located at /Intellicus/jakarta/bin folder. To start the Webserver, run the file startup.sh.
To start the webserver with multilingual support
This file calls UTF8_ Catalina.sh. UTF8_ Catalina.sh passes
-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 as the command line java option.
As an alternative, you can also rename the files:
- Rename the file startup.sh (for example, as E_startup.sh).
- Rename the file UTF8_startup.sh as startup.sh.
Now onwards you can run startup.sh to start the webserver with multilingual support.
To start the Intellicus Web Reporting suite
- Start the browser.
- In address bar, specify the following URL:
http://<IP of the webserver>/Intellicus
For example, http://22.214.171.1246/Intellicus
If you have changed the webserver port, specify the following URL:
http://<IP of the webserver:port number>/intellicus.
For example, if the changed port number is 7000, URL would be: http://126.96.36.1996:7000/Intellicus
Logging into Intellicus web Reporting suite
User needs the following information to log into the Intellicus:
- User Name: Admin
- Password: Admin
- Organization Name: Intellica
After providing above details in corresponding entry boxes, click Login button.
To Stop the ReportServer
Run the file shutdown.sh. This file is available in Intellicus/reportengine/bin folder.
To Stop the Webserver
Run the file shutdown.sh. This file is available in Intellicus/jakarta/bin folder.
Making Intellicus Start automatically
The steps that need to be followed to setup the daemon script on a AIX box are:
- Open intellicus.sh from Intellicus/APIs folder and specify the home path for Intellicus (the folder where Intellicus was untared). Line in the Intellicus.sh to be changed is,intellicus_home= <path where intellicus was untared>
- Place Intellicus.sh script file in specific folders. The command is
For Red Hat / Fedora,cp intellicus.sh /etc/rc.d/init.d/For S.U.S.E and Debain,cp intellicus.sh /etc/init.d/
- To add this daemon process in system start processes, execute the commandchkconfig –add intellicus.shNow on, this daemon process will start upon system boot.
- To list all services and init levels to check that the daemon was added, execute commandchkconfig –list intellicus.sh
- Reboot the system.
- To check if the daemon was started, execute command ps –ef
Figure 1: Intellicus Auto Start Status