This tab is used to specify levels of sort at run time.
Figure 14: Options for sorting at runtime
- Prompt: Select this check box to get sort dialog box at report-run time. User will be able to provide sorting options on the dialog box.
- Count: Select the number of sort levels to be made available to user. For example, if you want user to be able to provide three sort choices at run time (e.g. by Country, State and county), select 3.
- Qualifier: When SQL is typed in Edit tab, fields may not be prefixed888888888888888 with table name and so, Available Fields list also do not have table names prefixed. Select a field and specify table name to associate it with a table. This is especially useful when you have same field name from two tables and wish to differentiate one from another.
- Disable Forced Sorting: If due to any reason, result-set received from data-source is not sorted as per need (like groping), Intellicus server will sort the data. Check this check box to stop Intellicus from doing so.
Important: Data sorting performed by Intellicus becomes significantly time-intensive process when a record-set has large volume of records. In that case, we recommend not to Prompt and check Disable Forced Sorting. This will make sure Intellicus uses data as it is received from data-source.
The fields listed in Available Fields are the fields that will come from database. The fields listed in Selected Fields will be available for sorting at run time.
- To move a field from Available Fields list to Selected Fields list, select a field from Available Fields list and click >.
- Click >> to move all the fields to Selected Fields list.
- To move a field from Selected Fields list to Available Fields list, select a field from Selected Fields list and click < .
- Click << to remove all the fields from Selected Fields list.
Based on the number selected in Count check box that many dropdown boxes will appear on an input form at the run time. You can select fields that should appear by default along with default order (ascending or descending).
In Default Fields select the field, and the sort order. Click ‘x’ button to delete that row. Pressing enter key in last row will append a row at the bottom. Select a row and Use Up or Down arrow button to modify the sequence of field-appearance.
Click Ok to continue with the changes.
Close the report. The message to save the designed changes to the report appears.
Click Yes to open the report with the specific design. Now, you can do additional changes to the saved report by using different controls present on the Intellicus Desktop Studio toolbar and then publish the report on the Intellicus Portal.
Click Cancel to cancel all the changes and exit.