Some of the reports may need users to choose few values from a list of values at run time, for example, Country. Selecting a few country names from a long list may be very difficult.
To set parameter preference, the user with administration rights creates parameter value groups (Navigate > Design > Parameter Value Groups). For example: A group (called Cameras) is created that contains camera types. There is another group (Televisions) that lists the television types. Under Parameter Preferences, you can select the groups so that when a user selects a group, only the values belonging to that group appears as added at the time of report execution.
To make parameter selection user-friendly, you can use parameter preferences. To open Parameter Preference tab click Navigate > Personalization > Preferences > Parameter Preferences.
Figure 11: Parameter Preferences
Provide the following:
- Select Report: Select the report to view the available parameters and groups. If not selected, all the parameters in your portal irrespective of any report appears in the list of parameters.
- Parameters: Based on the report saved on the Reports list, parameters associated with the selected reports are listed.
- Allowed Values for Organization: By selecting this check box, the values for the selected parameter that are specified at the organization level are available for the current user.
- Restrict To Values: By selecting this check box, you can select values for the parameter by specifying the following:
- Available Groups: All the value groups and values within each group that your Intellicus administrator has set for selected parameter are listed here.
- Select the check box on the right of the group name. The values will be added in the Selected Values If a group has some of the values that you want to exclude, you can remove them
- Click Edit hyperlink to create parameter value groups.
The available values and created value groups appear in this list. For more information on creating Parameter Value Groups, refer to Creating Parameter Value Groups document.
- Available Values: Values set while creating the parameter value group. Click a value and click button. Clicking will add all the values in Selected Values list. The value gets added in the Selected Values List. Clicking button will add all the values in Selected Values list.
- Additional Value: Enter the value that you want to include in Selected Values. You do this when a value that you want to have in Selected Values List is not available in Available Groups as well as Available Values. specify the value that you want to include in the Selected Values list and click button. The value gets added in the Selected Values List. Clicking button will have the same effect.
Note: Additional Value will appear disabled for Boolean type parameters. Boolean type parameters have only two values.
- Scope: Name of the report or All Reports depending on selected parameter.
- Parameter: Name of the selected parameter
- Selected Values: Values selected at the time of report run.
Removing a value from Selected Values list
- Select the value from Selected Values list and click button. Clicking will remove all the values from Selected Values list.
- After including required values in Selected Values list, click Save to save the preferences.
Details on the page
This lists the values that were set while creating the parameter value group.
Value groups created (generally by Intellicus Administrator) are listed here. Value groups created (by non-Administrators) are also listed here and are denoted by icon before the group name.
Figure 12: Creating value groups
Here you can specify the value that you want to include in Selected Values. Generally you will do this when a value that you want to have in Selected Values List is not available in Available Groups as well as Available Values.
Private / Public option button
Indicates that selected group is a public group (generally setup by an Intellicus Administrator), or private (you have set).
User / Organization
Displays the user credentials of the person who created the group.
To create a new group
- Click icon next to Available Groups A group is created with a default name.
- Delete the default name and specify a unique name for the group.
A new group has been created. Now, you can add values in the group.
To add values in a group
- Click the group in which you want to add values.
- From the values listed in Available Values, click the value to be included in the group and click button. Click to include all the values in the group.
Repeat the process for all the values to be included in the selected group. Click Save after the process is over.
To remove value(s) from a group
- Click the value to be removed in Value Groups.
- Click button.
The selected value will be removed from the group. You can click to remove all the values. Click Save after making changes.