In a High Speed View report, you need to select measures (numeric facts) and dimensions to analyze data from multi-dimensional perspective.
To select a dimension for analysis, you can do any of the below:
- Drag and drop the dimension on the analysis area.
- Double-click the dimension to be added to the analysis area.
When you drop a single dimension on the analysis area, you get the below view with the default measure that was specified at the time of cube designing. Crosstab is the default View Type as shown in Figure 5. The default view can be changed / selected from the Default View property under the Properties tab at the extreme right side of the screen.
Figure 5: High Speed View: Crosstab View
To analyze your data from multi-dimensional perspective, you can add multiple dimensions to your view in either of the below ways:
- Drag and drop the dimensions on the dimension header of selected view.
- You can drop the dimensions onto Row or Column areas in the right-bottom pane.
When no view is selected and you double-click the dimension or drop it anywhere on the analysis area, a new view gets created.
You can select multiple measures for analysis on the selected view. To select a measure, you can do any of the below:
- You can drag and drop measure onto the Measure box in the right-bottom pane.
- You can double-click the measure to add it to the selected view.
In the first instance, the newly added measure replaces the default measure. If you further add measure(s) to the selected view, they get added along with the previous measure.
Figure 6: High Speed View: Multiple Dimensions and Measures
Click icon located at the bottom of the right pane to expand the ‘Drag fields below’ section vertically.