Tasks you can perform on this page
Figure 31: Tasks on the screen
Click SHOW COMMENTS to view the comments that users have given for the report.
Click DELETE to delete the published report. The selected report will be deleted.
Click EMAIL to email the published report to the selected recipients.
Click PRINT button to generate pdf of a report. You can then choose to either download the pdf to a computer location or print the pdf.
Click UPLOAD to upload the chosen report format to an FTP server or a shared location.
Click LINKS (0) to generate a link of a report.
Intellicus reports were available to the Intellicus users only. Now a non Intellicus user can also view the Intellicus reports. An Intellicus user can mail the report to the non-Intellicus user by generating it as a link enabling a non Intellicus user to view the Intellicus reports. The report which can be linked is either an approved published report or a report outside the approval process.xxxxx`x’.
Figure 32: Filters that can be set on Entity Links page
The Entity Links screen is available to Super Administrators, Organization Administrators and a User with system privilege of Generate Links. A normal user with system privilege of view published reports can view the links but cannot update, delete or create a link. Using Entity Links you can either add a new link on a saved report or you can edit or delete the existing link on saved report.
You can also filter the existing links attached to a report. The filter can be applied on the following:
- Select Report: You can select the report name placed in a category of which you want to view the linked report. You can navigate to the report by using object selector. You can also leave the Select Report option with its default value “Root” and provide some other criteria.
- Saved Report(s): You can select the Saved Report placed in a category. You can navigate to the report by using object selector. You can also leave the Saved Report(s) option with its default value “Root” and provide some other criteria.
- Select Owner: You can specify the Organization and User name who owns the job. For a normal user Select Owner is disabled with already selected values as organization name and user name.
- Owned By: You can select Selected User to view the selected user’s linked reports. You can select Selected Org to view linked reports of users belonging to the selected organization (in Select Owner) and ALL to view linked reports of all the users.
- Search: Click Apply to view the linked reports that are specifying the filter criteria.
Steps to generate a link:
- Select a published report.
- The options when you click on radio button will also have “Links()” along with View, Show comments and Delete.
- Click the Links() icon.
- The GenerateLink window appears.
- Fill in the details and click Generate.
Generate Entity Links
Figure 33: Steps to Generate Link
View Output in: Select the output format in which you want the report to be viewable. The default value of output format is HTML Other available formats are, Acrobat PDF, Comma Separated, Text, MS Word and MS Excel.
Access Code: You can mention an access code while creating a link. The access code is provided to the user who accesses the link. If wrong access code is provided, then report will not be available for viewing. This is an optional step.
Details of Saved Report
Figure 34: Steps to Generate Link
- Resource Name: The name of the saved report from which link is created.
- Generated On: The generated date and time of the saved report.
- Expires On: The validity of the saved report. After the validity is over the saved report will cease to exist. While creating a saved report you can specify the expiry date and time of the report.
Upon generating the link, when you click on URL/Embed tab, a URL or an html link will be formed. The URL or html link can be shared with the non Intellicus users so that they can view the report.
It is advisable to mention the correct IP and port of report server machine since the same will be used at the time of generating the URL.
Figure 35: URL Tab
To work on report approval
To work on approvals for a report, you need to open the report and view it in HTML. Using Comments related icons on HTML Toolbar; you can work on report approvals.
Depending on the assignment type, you can approve the report for publishing, reject the report or provide your approval process comments for the report.